Monday, November 28, 2011

The 17 day diet?

Well,

I have been looking for some kind of regimen to be a lot less curvy, Oh did I say curvy I meant ROUND. While looking at cook books that are suppose to have lower calorie foods I stumbled across ebook called the 17 day diet. I guess it really is 4 stages of 17 days. I am thinking I want to try it but since my husband refuses to  let me do the grocery shopping I am not sure how well it would really go, especially since he refuses to buy fresh produce. I have been discussing with him that I have been wanting for us to do some kind of diet change for a while now. Vegan or Gluten free.He absolutely refused the vegan diet and said the Gluten free would be too costly to replace all the cooking supplies. When I brought this diet up he complained about loosing food he loves to eat but I reminded it basically said it was all you can eat as long as you stuck to the meats on the list. He still has not given me a definite answer but I am pretty determined. I am sick of feeling  like.....Hey whats that? Oh I did not know  beluga whales typed on computers....They don't you only feel like it.
So from what I understand these are the foods you are allowed to have the first 17 day cycle:


 Fish*
 Salmon, canned or fresh
 Sole
 Flounder
 Catfish
Tilapia
 Canned light tuna (in water)

Poultry 
Chicken breasts
 Turkey breasts
 Ground turkey,
 lean Eggs (2 eggs = 1 serving)
 Egg whites (4 egg whites = 1 serving)

Artichoke
 Artichoke hearts
 Asparagus
 Bell peppers, green, orange, red, yellow
 Broccoli
Brussels sprouts
 Cabbage
 Carrots
Cauliflower
Celery
 Cucumbers
 Eggplant
 Garlic
 Green beans
 Green leafy vegetables(including beet greens, turnip greens, collard greens)
 Kale
Leeks
Lettuce,
 all varieties Mushrooms
 Okra
Onions
Parsley
 Scallions
 Spinach
Tomatoes
Watercress
2 servings only__________________________________________
Apples
 Berries,
 all types Grapefruit
 Oranges
 Peaches
 Pears
 Plums
 Prickly pear cactus
 Prunes Red grapes

Yogurt, any type,
Kefir
Low-fat acidophilus milk
 Yakult
 Breakstone LiveActive cottage cheese
 Reduced salt miso dissolved in low-fat, low-sodium broth
Tempeh
 Sauerkraut
 Kimchi

Olive oil
Flaxseed oil

salsa,
 low-carb marinara sauce,
 lite soy sauce,
low-carb ketchup,
fat-free sour cream,
 low-fat, low-sodium broth,
 Truvia
 sugar-free jams and jellies,
 vegetable cooking spray,
 fat-free cheeses (i.e. Parmesan),
 fat-free salad dressing,
 salt,
pepper,
 vinegar,
 mustard,
herbs and spices.

Whats awesome is they made a forum where people can share recipes using these ingredients http://www.thedoctorstv.com/forums/527-17-Day-Diet-Recipes, However they do warn you they are not approved by the author (Doctor)of the book so they may not fit exactly to the diet requirements so use at your discretion and common judgement.
You are also suppose to increase your water intake because they warn you that these foods could turn into rocks in your colon if you are not hydrated and they recommend 17 minutes of exercise or physical activity. You have to eat the fruit before 2 PM.
The Docs writing skills are atrocious. He repeats stuff over and over and tells you things you will be doing over and over when all you want to know is what do I need to do for this cycle. I skipped read a lot because if this man were talking he would be doing only to hear his own voice.
Just got caught up reading more stuff on this diet and I think I am really determined to do it and I think I want to do the P90x exercise with it as well. I know P90x works but it was too extreme for me and painful but I find myself avoiding mirrors and need to do something. NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment