Friday, July 5, 2013

Fast class and Independence

So July 3rd I had a FAST class. I am so glad I attended that class. Before the class I ran around and paid a bill. We had some time left before the class and I got change from my bill. I took my daughter out to eat at one of our local Spanish chain restaurants which are affordable and gluten free depending on what you order. There I asked her to speak Spanish. She ordered her order in Spanish. The people there were speaking Spanish when we came in and we were quite excited. However they quieted down after we ordered. They did love Anna Spanish and there eyes became very large. Anna pointed to everything she remembered in Spanish and told me what it was called. Drove me up the wall. I kept smiling saying very good hunny. However towards the end I was like EAT and be quiet. However it was said like thank you for the vocab lesson mom has class soon and we still need to drive there.
Let me tell you, all the chairs and tables have Spanish carved and painted murals on them. Plus hung on the walls is Spanish art. So she had lots to point at.
I had brought her day of homework with us to the class. She has a writing assignment and you would think it was causing her pain. She absolutely hates writing.
When she was at school she would make up enough excuses to get out of it or throw a fit till they moved on and they let her do this for two years.  She only has 1st grade writing ability if that.
So the assignment was some pictures that had scripture reference on them. I printed out the pics wallet size. She cut and glued them. I had to fix it because she glued them all on the same page saying she did not hear me. I was don't worry I will do it, and tore them all off her first page and glued them each on there own page so she could write the scripture that goes with the pic in her journal.
She has missed out on lots of fun stuff till its done and she only sort of gets upset about it and says she will give it up not to write. Well its not said but very implied.
She even knows I have lots of rewards for her when its done. She gets gum while she is doing it.
I was surprised how well she did do for the stuff she got done. Usually she writes them all different sizes and sloping but she was trying to write her letters between the lines some were capitalized when they shouldn't be but if I picked on her about that she would never write again.
She tells me I pretended to be a secretary to get this much done.  Awww.
So July 4, oh my gosh, she wanted history lessons. She was asking 7th grade questions.  Liberty bell. Statue of liberty. Independence.  She wanted to know it all. I was like "uh honey HELP!"
The only thing I could explain in detail was the statue of liberty.  You see its art and family history studies. So I had learned about it.
We then went home to do her homework because it needed to be finished before fireworks.  She did not care. Even though she knew we had smoke bombs and pop its. She asked if they expire and said we can do them next year.
Grrrrrrrr.
Today my stomach pain is back I think coleslaw makes me sick.  It must be psychological because I looked up other people's allergies and its totally different.  Anyways I am in bed trying to keep everything going in one direction. Doing an excellent job at that. Only I run back and forth. Well run one direction mope the other with a flop slide and a roll.
I think I will have my daughter keep me company or do time 4 learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment