Monday, October 31, 2011

The Christ Book: The Annunciation

The Annunciation





Luke 1: 26-33, 38
26. And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
27. To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
28. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
29. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
30. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33. And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

38. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

-----
----------------------------------------------------------


Heavenly Father planned for Jesus Christ to be born into an earthly family. Joseph and Mary, the man and woman chosen to love and care for Jesus on earth, loved Heavenly Father and kept His commandments.

Mary was surprised and a little worried when she saw the angel, but she was willing to do whatever Heavenly Father wanted her to do.

Joseph was a righteous man chosen by Heavenly Father to marry Jesus’ mother and love and care for Jesus and give him an earthly family. An angel also visited Joseph before Jesus was born to tell him that Mary would have the Son of God.

The name Jesus means Savior. Jesus Christ would save all of us from our sins and help us return to live with Heavenly Father forever.
1 Nephi 11:13-23
13 And it came to pass that I looked and beheld the great city of Jerusalem, and also other cities. And I beheld the city of Nazareth; and in the city of Nazareth I beheld a virgin, and she was exceedingly fair and white.

14 And it came to pass that I saw the heavens open; and an angel came down and stood before me; and he said unto me: Nephi, what beholdest thou?

15 And I said unto him: A virgin, most beautiful and fair above all other virgins.

16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God?

17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.

18 And he said unto me: Behold, the virgin whom thou seest is the mother of the Son of God, after the manner of the flesh.

19 And it came to pass that I beheld that she was carried away in the Spirit; and after she had been carried away in the Spirit for the space of a time the angel spake unto me, saying: Look!

20 And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms.

21 And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father! Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?

22 And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.

23 And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul.


 The Annunciation: The Angel Gabriel Appears to Mary
Isaiah 7:14; Luke 1:26–38; Mosiah 3:8; Alma 7:10

http://hopeofglory.net/Sermons/Synopsis005a.pdf

http://www.bible-history.com/jesus/jesusLk_12638.htm

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p122.htm#paper122section3



No comments:

Post a Comment