Wednesday, June 12, 2013

SoTW 20 minutes today

Now is on the kindle!!!!!

Here is what my daughter and I explored today during our 20 minute reading time. Of course I did pause the timer to look up pictures and answer questions or hear her relating to the story from other stories she read.


Archeology
Farming
Towns
walled cities

a shaduf pickups water for their crops.
 fulcrum, effort arm, counter weight, resistance arm, effort, load
http://library.thinkquest.org/C004451F/nflever.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lever

six classical simple machines 
  1. Lever
  2. Wheel and axle
  3. Pulley
  4. Inclined plane
  5. Wedge
  6. Screw

Every chapter she finishes she gets to print off the pages to add in a book I made from railroad board ( thats what we called it in art class but I am not sure if it has another name) I cut in half and half again making 4 pieces. Also instead of wasting paper and glue. We added the files to Adobe photoshop and I gave her technology lesson on cutting and pasting into another frame and did it there so many pages instead of printing two we only had to print one.

I should note on here my daughter has read almost the entire Magic Tree house series and she informs me that one of the stories covers Nomads and that in that story they ate bison. I think it was actually a story about the Lakota Indians but at least she understood the terms of what nomads are and how they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment